- Partner in the project MetaMine: Mining the microbiome
from marine wood-digesting bivalves for novel lignocellulose depolymerizing enzymes.
The project is coordinated by Dr Bjørn Altermark at the Norwegian Structural Biology Centre (NorStruct), UiT the Arctic University of Norway,
with six partners from four countries (Norway, Germany, Romania and Portugal).
The project is financed by a grant from ERA-Net in Marine Biotechnology (ERA-MBT). Since 2018.
- Collaborator in the project NEXT-SEA: Next generation monitoring of coastal ecosystems in a scenario of global change. Since 2017.
- Participation in the project "Japanese Tsunami Marine Debris (JTMD): Documenting the shipworm diversity in wooden debris from the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami (Japan) washed a shore in Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and Hawaiian Islands". A project carried out by Nancy Treneman M.S., Research Associated at the University of Oregon and coordinated by
Prof James Carlton, Williams College, Williamstown, Massachusetts, United States. Since March 2014.
- Team member in the project "Benthic Estuarine Barcode (BEstBarcode): Development and application of massively parallelized sequencing for monitoring estuarine macrobenthic communities".
Project coordinate by Prof. Filipe Costa; University of Minho, Portugal. 2011-2014.
- Postdoctoral fellow in the project "Lusitianian Marine Barcode of Life (LusoMarBol): Integrating molecular approaches into marine biodiversity research in Portugal:
implementing DNA barcoding and investigating phylogeographic patterns". University of Minho, Portugal (2009-2012).
- Postdoctoral fellow in the project "Development of a chemical-free water treatment system through integrating fiber filters, ultrasound and UV-C (CHEM-FREE)". University of Portsmouth, UK (2008).
- Research assistant (PhD grant holder from Foundation for Science and Technology, Portugal) in the project "Biogeography of marine wood borers in European coastal waters." University of Portsmouth, UK. (2004-2007)
- Research assistant (financed by DEFRA, UK) in the project "Resistance of Lesser Used timber species (LUS) to marine wood borers." University of Portsmouth, UK. (2004)
- Research assistant (Marie Curie grant holder) in the project "Chemical modification of wood for use in the marine environment." SHR Timber Research, Wageningen, The Netherlands, and University of Portsmouth, UK. (2002-2003)
- Research assistant in the EU project "In-vessel biological degradation of wood powder from the furniture industry (WoodComp)." University of Portsmouth, UK. (2002)