- Partner in the project META-MINE: Mining the microbiome
from marine wood-digesting bivalves for novel lignocellulose
depolymerizing enzymes. Start April 2018.
- Participation in the project "Japanese Tsunami Marine Debris (JTMD):
Documenting the shipworm diversity in wooden debris from the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami (Japan) washed
ashore in Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and Hawaiian Islands". A project carried out by
Nancy Treneman M.S., Research Associated at the University of Oregon and coordinated by
Prof James Carlton, Williams College, Williamstown, Massachusetts, United States. Since March 2014
- Participation in the project "Investigating the occurrenc of Teredo navalis in the Baltic Sea using molecular tools". Project carried out by Mr Ronny Weigelt and coordinated by Dr Ralf Bastrop and Prof Ulf Karsten, Rostock University, Germany. 2012-2015.
- Team member in the project "Benthic Estuarine Barcode (BEstBarcode): Development and application of massively parallelized sequencing for monitoring estuarine macrobenthic communities". Project coordinate by Prof. Filipe Costa; University of Minho, Portugal. 2011-2014.
- Postdoctoral fellow in the project "Lusitianian Marine Barcode of Life (LusoMarBol): Integrating molecular approaches into marine biodiversity research in Portugal: implementing DNA barcoding and investigating phylogeographic patterns". University of Minho, Portugal (2009-2012).
- Postdoctoral fellow in the project "Development of a chemical-free water treatment system through integrating fiber filters, ultrasound and UV-C (CHEM-FREE)". University of Portsmouth, UK (2008).
- Research assistant (PhD grant holder from Foundation for Science and Technology, Portugal) in the project "Biogeography of marine wood borers in European coastal waters." University of Portsmouth, UK. (2004-2007)
- Research assistant (financed by DEFRA, UK) in the project "Resistance of Lesser Used timber species (LUS) to marine wood borers." University of Portsmouth, UK. (2004)
- Collaborator in the project "Monitoring, Safeguarding and Visualizing North-European Shipwreck Sites (MoSS): Investigation woodboring attack in wreck sites." University of Portsmouth, UK. (2004)
- Research assistant (Marie Curie grant holder) in the project "Chemical modification of wood for use in the marine environment." SHR Timber Research, Wageningen, The Netherlands, and University of Portsmouth, UK. (2002-2003)
- Research assistant in the EU project "In-vessel biological degradation of wood powder from the furniture industry (WoodComp)." University of Portsmouth, UK. (2002)
- Final project (degree in biology) "Stramonita haemastoma (Gastropoda: Muricidae) an indicator of tributyltin (TBT) pollution in the waters of the harbour and marina of Ponta Delgada (Azores)". Univeristy of the Azores, Portugal. (1996-1997).